Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cyber Living

November 27, 2012

Sitting here watching "Rizzoli & Isles" with my husband while writing my blog on the laptop with my smart phone laying on the arm rest.  Hmmm...you think I'm addicted to technology?  Such a different world we live in today than we did 20 years ago! I'm blessed that my children still like to play outside during the summer and get the board games out during the winter.  If I'm being honest, though, we do have our share of video games.  (I can't help it...I love to play, too!!)

So, how do we "connect" with eachother in a cyber-world?  We've lost touch with even family members because it's so much easier to email or send a message through the many social networks.  One way I'm trying to keep in touch with those that I love and care about is writing letters. They're personable and show that you are willing to take the time out to share your life with another person.

Another way is a simple phone call.  I have a friend in California who I will text or email, but I always try and call at least once a week or every two weeks.  We have the best conversations!!!  We laugh and cry and just have a good time!  We can hear the emotions in the other's voice.  How great is that?!!  Not to mention the closeness you feel.  When I'm down, a phone call to my bestie in California is all it takes...not a text or email. 

In this world of technology, let's not forget how to communicate with one another.  Don't let our "cyber lives" put a wedge between us and the ones we love.  Learn how to take time away from our computers, laptops, and smart phones and give some quality time to those we care about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment