I finally got my sewing room (or space!) finished! I have been needing--okay, wanting--a place where I can sew or quilt. It has taken me a while, but I finally came up with a solution!
I have been on many of the social websites, trying to find out how I can do-it-myself without spending a lot of money. After much research, I came up with a solution. First, I had to move the book shelf and the many kids' books it kept. Second, I used an old typewriter table for my sewing machine and bought a cheap, fold-up table from Sam's Wholesale Club for $34.95. (Eventually, I am going to get a serger and may need more space, but, for now, this works!) I have plastic bins underneath the table for storage that I bought on sale at Target. Then, I bought some material and made the table skirt to cover my make-shift cutting table.
Alas, here are the results:
I have gone back and forth on whether I should lose the table skirt, but I like the way it covers all the "stuff" underneath. It looks a bit messy right now, but I will eventually clean it up. Either way, I'm proud that I finally accomplished a task that I have been meaning to do for a long time now.
So, off to sewing I go!!! :)