Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Make A Change

January 29, 2013

It's been a while since I've written, but a lot has transpired since we rang in the new year.  First, my nephew just recently got married.  His twin was married three days after we buried my dad.  So, these two boys that I watched grow up are now starting a family of there own.  Bittersweet, to say the least.  Second, my daughter was recently diagnosed with epilepsy.  Apparently, something we thought was nothing for the past 12 years turned out to be something.  She's doing extremely well with this information and we are all learning to adjust with her.

Amazing how experiences in life can change in a blink of an eye, whether they happen because of choices we make or whether they happen because of circumstances beyond our control.  Not all changes have to be bad, however.  A job in another city can provide new opportunities to meet new people. Going back to school is a bit scary after you've been out for so many years, but holding that degree in your hand after it's finished is priceless. Starting a family for the first time is an awesome experience!  New babies are enjoyed by everyone! And what about those few pounds you lose after trying so hard?  I've experienced this first hand and it's awesome when you can shop for clothes in a size smaller!  So, you get the picture.  Need I say more?!

I'm actually thinking about some changes I'd like to make happen in my own life in 2013.  I want to step my on my devotions and prayer time in my walk with God.  For some reason, 2012 took part of that and I need to get it back. I am looking into starting a "home-based" business, but not quite ready to give up working part-time outside the home.  Printed out an application for a passport today so I can get that started.  I've been wanting to do that forever but I've always put it off.  This is the year!!!  And I could lose a few more pounds and get healthier...I need to! My list could go on and on, but those are the ones that I'm adamant about doing.

What about changes in your own life?  Don't be afraid to jump in and do it!!!  Great things are in store if you give yourself the chance!!  "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind."  II Tim. 1:7  God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment