Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rejection...Happens To Us All

February 5, 2013

Wow!  I just realized that January has come and gone and we are in the "loooove" month.  (Valentine's Day for those of you who are scratching your head and thinking, "What is she talking about?!!)  Anywho...back to topic.

Recently, while "stalking" some of my friends on Facebook, I realized that one of my "friends" had "defriended" me.  I was really upset by it!!!  I mean, sure, I don't really have anything in common with him and I thought he was completely arrogant and didn't even like to read his posts, but...he dropped me!!!!! I texted one of my BFF's who lives in Cali and she set my mind at ease.  "Don't worry about it," she said. "He's always been a jerk and will continue to do so.  A leopard can't change  his spots."  Thank you, Jung, for that!  It's always nice to have someone agree with you and put a better outlook on things.

So, what is the point of my ranting?  Well, here goes.  REJECTION!!!!  It's not really the fact that he deleted me, but it made me feel rejected!  I know I'm not the only one who has ever felt this way.  We all have at one time or another in our lives.  And I know all too well that some of you have been dropped by a FB friend or two and you wonder, "Why?!!"  I'm sure he has his reasons or it could be a glitch in the system, who knows.  I've deleted friends before simply because we never talked and I honestly didn't have anything in common with them.  I thought, at the time, they didn't need to be there.  Not because I hated them or didn't like what they had to say (because we all have friends like that!), simply because it was a choice I made.  Unfortunately, they might've felt rejected after that.

Rejection feels like your heart just fell out of your chest.  It hurts.  We imagine all sorts of reasons behind the rejection.  Sometimes, it's not so cut and dried, but our minds take us to the most horrific, imaginable scenario.  It pains us to even think about it.  But...we can get through it!  I have learned that not everything is as it seems and some things are not as personable as I make them.

Learn to move past it by focusing on more positive aspects in your life.  Especially, since it will probably happen again.  Learn from those situations in life but don't close yourself off to others.  I have learned to trust God more and to know that, no matter what, He will never reject me or forsake me. In those times where I feel rejected or of little use, He will be my comfort.  We all feel alone at one time or another, but He knows the ultimate rejection. Isaiah 53: 3, "He is despised and rejected of me; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."  He suffered the ultimate rejection but died so we could feel peace in our times of rejection.

So, stay strong and put your trust into the one who knows.  And know that you are not alone!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment