Thursday, February 21, 2013

Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken

I do not enjoy cooking (which does not make me less of a woman!), but I love my crock pot. So, I thought I'd share this recipe for Hawaiian Chicken that I tried the other night. It was sooooooo good!!! (I rarely get a compliment on any concoction I make for my family, but I did for this!) Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken 3 lbs. boneless chicken thighs 10 bacon slices divided 1 chopped onion 1 cup crushed pineapple 1 cup barbecue sauce 1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper Cut 5 bacon slices in half; cook part of the way but do not make them crispy. Drain. Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and the salt; add to slow cooker. On top of each thigh piece, add a piece of the partially cooked bacon. Then add pineapple, cooked bacon. Then add pineapple, onion, and barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Fry the rest of the bacon until crispy. Drain and crumble the bacon and use it as a garnish when serving. Serves 4 ***This is the basic recipe. If you need more chicken, adjust the other ingredients as needed or to taste. I used a little over 4 lbs. of chicken and a whole can of pineapple and an 18 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce.***

 

No comments:

Post a Comment