Sunday, May 19, 2013

Facebook Fast

I made a decision today that, for me, is a big one.  I decided to go on a Facebook "fast."  What does that entail, you ask?  Well, I will not be on Facebook for an indefinite period of time.  Why?  Because I realized that it was a time waster and I had more important things to do. Don't get me wrong.  I am not saying that any of my "friends" on Facebook are not important, I am just saying that I was spending too much time watching their lives while mine was passing me by.

While social media is a great outreach tool or a wonderful way to keep up with family, I think we have lost a "personal" touch to our relationships.  For example,  I have 335 "friends."  Do I keep up with all of them?  Absolutely not! It's almost impossible.  It is not for my lack of trying, but simply because I cannot or I've found that we have nothing in common, except a Facebook account.  We all have our "real" lives that we live outside of our cyber ones.

So, getting back to my original thought...I have flowers to plant, material to sew, books to read, friends to meet, and family to enjoy. Facebook will have to wait...for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment