Monday, May 13, 2013

This and That

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend! I know I did. Went out with my honey on Saturday and then Sunday, it was church and hanging out with the family.  It was cool outside but the sun was shining...who could ask for more!

Well, we're wrapping up the school year around our house.  I love the end of the year, especially because summer is right around the corner and my kids actually go outside and play!!! Unbelievable, I know.  It's a rare thing in this day of technology.  But I am blessed because my children would rather be with their friends than inside a dark house watching the television or playing with their video games.  Now that my oldest has a part-time job, that pretty much keeps her busy and active.  As for me and Scott, well, we're planning some weekend get-a-ways with kids and then we have two big vacations planned this year.  Getting kind  of excited about that!

Then, when fall returns, all three of my children will be attending online public school.  It was a decision I made with much prayer and worry.  Alas, though, I feel peace about it.  I think it will take away some of my stress and give my children more opportunity.

Okay, so here's what's happening right now.  Did I mention that the library will be closed for three weeks due to the installation of heating and air?  That was going to leave me without a job for those weeks, but I was able to work a few hours at one of the other branches, starting tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it is the farthest one distance-wise.  However, it is the nicest of all the branches and it has open fields all around, so that won't be too bad.  I'm actually excited about it.  And another benefit?  I get to go to lunch with my man!!!  That doesn't happen often.  So, after last week's stress and chaos, I'm feeling pretty happy right now.

That's that for now.  I will be working on a special "Proverbs 31" study soon, so hope you will keep checking back in for that.  Have a blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment