Friday, June 28, 2013

Twenty-One Years and Still Going Strong

A major event happened in my life this week (as it does every year!) and I forgot to mention it!!!  I have been married 21 years as of Wednesday!!!  (How come it feels like yesterday?!!)

I have to say, my husband is an amazing man.  We were married his last year of college and he was only working part-time, yet, he was able to provide for us on his measly income.  (Unfortunately, I was working full-time but my salary was not enough for both of us to live on.)  Later, while I was pregnant with our second child and we had only been living in this area for a year, he went back to school to get his M.B.A. He has since then worked himself up to a high administrative position.  But that is not the only reason I think he's remarkable.  He truly cares for others and has a sensitive spirit.  He is an involved father who loves his children dearly and when I have needed him most, he has been there.

Did I mention that we are complete opposites?  We are.  We are on polar extremes when it comes to religion and politics. Amazing that we get along, right?  We are living proof that you can make a marriage work if you really want it to!  Don't get me wrong, we have had our battles, but we fought to push through them, with neither one of us saying we were the "winner."  We've accepted each other's faults and have had to do our share of apologizing.  We have had to make the choice to love each other and have been better for it.

I love him more now than I did 21 years ago and hope that, when we are old and gray (or grayer!!), we can still be madly in love! So, to my husband and confidante, "Happy anniversary!!!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment