Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Need My Family...One Week Is Enough!

It's 1:23 AM and I am so very tired! Unfortunately, as has been the pattern this week, I cannot get to sleep. Did I mention that I have been family-less for a whole week? There's been no fighting, arguing, doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, extra children staying over, cooking, laundry, etc. You get the picture. Sounds like heaven, doesn't it? Not for me.

It's amazing what we take for granted when we don't have it. As a mom, I often complain about needing some "alone time" once in a while. However, when it all comes down to it, I don't like the quiet. My husband and children are a major part of my life that I do not want to be without. I may not be the perfect mom or wife, and I make my share of mistakes, but I do love my family. When they are not around, a part of me is missing. Even the dog feels their absence.

It all started last week when I was packing for vacation. I had every intention of going (after much indecision), but one phone call changed all of that. I put in for a position at a local college and had a phone interview. It went so well that they called me back for a 4 hour interview the following Monday...the Monday we would've been gone on vacation. Both myself and my husband decided it was too good to pass up. (Just to let you know, his family plans a vacation every year and then we have our family vacation later.) To make matters worse, it was the first 4th of July away from my children.

But, now that the excitement is all over and the dust has settled, I am ready to get back into routine. One more day and I will see my family! And maybe the dog will stop sulking, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment