Monday, September 23, 2013

My Own Life Lesson

My heart is heavy today and it is because of my own doing.  I recently allowed myself to get involved in a situation that I knew could not turn out good in the end.  It has left me in tears, yet, there is no way to make it better.  Part of the problem is, that had I made some different choices years ago, the outcome would be different.  But hindsight is always 20/20, right?

The Bible says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)  We cannot make decisions based on our feelings or emotions.  They lie.  It is important to seek counsel with our spiritual authority and surround ourselves with people who are stable emotionally. I am blessed because I have a great pastor and church and one of my dearest friends is just a phone call away.

I have learned to pray about everything, from job offers to major purchases.  Even the small things are worthy of a few moments of meditation and prayer.  It is not always easy, but if we take a few moments to "think things through,"  the results will be better than if we don't.

As I sit here pondering my own decisions and the course of action I should have taken, I realize that I still serve a God who is faithful and will heal the hurt and heartache.  His mercies are new every morning and His grace is sufficient!  My trust is in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment