Saturday, September 14, 2013

New Smyrna Beach, Day 1

Hello from sunny Florida!!!  My husband was gracious enough to let me have a "girls' vacation" with my mom and one of my sisters!!  So far, we've had a great time!!!

We arrived last night, exhausted from the driving (which I did most of!) and tired from the long hours in the car.  After a good night's sleep, however, we awoke refreshed and ready to enjoy our vacation!!!  
First on the list, the beach!!!!  The ocean was absolutely gorgeous!!!  It never ceases to amaze me how great our Creator is!!!  My mom has never been to Florida in all her 70 years and she was enamored with it!!!  She hasn't stopped taking pictures!  The evenings are the best!!!  You can see and hear the waves lap up on the shore and the breeze that blows across the ocean feels wonderful!!!  

Next, we visited a local antique mall and then took carry-out from a pizza place.  (We ate the local fair last night when we arrived.) After dinner, we again walked the beach where the moon was casting it's light across the sand and water.  What a wonderful way to end an evening...and so relaxing!!!

Not sure what tomorrow is going to bring, but we've got a few suggestions on our list. For now, good night and sweet dreams!




No comments:

Post a Comment