Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Smyrna Beach, Day 2

As I write this post, I wonder if I should call this "day 3."  However, since we got here late Friday, I will call it "day 2."  But I digress.  Back to my day...

Today started out with a thunderstorm and lightning, but it eventually cleared up and we walked along the beach.  My mom stopped a shirtless gentleman who was fishing and asked for his picture. (He was a very nice looking man but he had no ears! Honestly, we did not even notice until Mom brought it to our attention. We each took turns guessing how he lost them.) My sister and I are still teasing her about it!  (If you knew my mom, you would understand!)

It started storming again, so we decided to go visit a local lighthouse, Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse & Museum.  It has 203 steps, which we decided not to climb! (In all fairness, I've been here before and had already conquered them!) The museum included the Principal Keeper's house and the Assistant Keeper's house as well as a building they kept the oil in to use for the light.

Next, we ate at Inlet Harbor Restaurant.  It was right on the water, where we watched boats come and dock.  The food was good and, in my opinion, reasonably priced.

After our day was through, we headed home, where my sister and I walked the beach again.  It's funny because my mom still worries about us being out by ourselves, even though we're 40-something. (Nope, not giving out my age!)

As I write this, I feel my eyes getting heavy.  It's been a busy day but I've enjoyed being with my mom and sister.  I only wish my oldest sister would've been able to come with us.

Tomorrow, we are heading to Disney's Epcot.  Looking forward to taking Mom there for the first time in her life!  Until then, sweet dreams!!!



Front door to the lighthouse.


Ponce de Leon Lighthouse


203 steps in the lighthouse--this is looking up from the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment