Friday, November 29, 2013

A Great Day!

Today was perfect! Sunny with a high around 51 degrees!  Our vacation is almost over, but we took care of everything we wanted to complete today.

Our first task was hiking Laurel Falls, located in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park.  It was a round-trip of 2.6 miles! When we got to the top, I fell flat on my bottom, but a kind gentleman helped me up. My family stood there laughing...then asked me if I needed help.  It was tough going up, but when we were all finished, it felt great!!!

After that, my husband and son went to Ober Gatlinburg on the tram and went ice-skating, where my husband, apparently, fell on his bottom!  Unfortunately, I wasn't around to witness this and reciprocate the "help" he offered me when I fell.  The girls and I ended up doing some more shopping in downtown Gatlinburg.  So, needless to say, we did our fair share of physical activity.  My husband even remarked how "invigorating" it was.  I agree, but I would also use the word "strenuous."

When we arrived back at the cabin, we all hurried to get in the hot tub (the temperature outside dropped radically by the time we got back!).  Scott, Jake, and I sat in the sauna, as well.

Now, we are trying to get everything cleaned up and packed before leaving in the morning.  Before going home, we have to make a pit stop at our parents' house.  Plus, we need to get our dog.

Overall, it was a wonderful vacation with lots of memories that were made.  I am so blessed to be able to spend precious time with my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment