Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Shop, Eat, Sleep...A Great Day!

Day three of vacation and we woke up with snow, snow, and more snow!!!  Okay, so it wasn't that much, but it was enough to make everything look pretty!  After we finished admiring the beautiful landscape around us and the kids finished their school work, we decided to head down to downtown Gatlinburg!

Our first stop was The Village, an area in the middle of town that has several quaint little shops.  I ended up purchasing some bookmarks from God's Corner, a Christian store; some wonderful, fuzzy socks from The Sock Shop; and two fall place mats from The Honey Pot.  Afterwards, we ate at The Cheese Cupboard and Hofbrauhaus Restaurant.  In the midst of all of this, it was snowing and the Christmas lights were shining!  It was so enchanting, as if the whole scene came out of a Dicken's novel.

Later, my husband and son decided to visit Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies.  Me and the girls aren't that interested in marine life, so we continued shopping.  During our huffing and puffing in and out of the shops, I had a nostalgic moment.  The last place we ate with my dad was Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.  When I saw the sign on the front of the restaurant all lit up, it brought back so many memories of all the fun times we had with my parents.  Sure wish he could have been with us this time!

We did not get back to the cabin until 8:30 or thereafter.  Needless to say, we were wore out!!  So, I grabbed a pair of my new socks, got some comfy clothes on, fixed a glass of iced tea, and spent the evening with my family.  Now, I think it's time for bed.  Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!


The Village lights, downtown Gatlinburg.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Almost made me cry!


No comments:

Post a Comment