Tuesday, December 24, 2013

From Grinch to Grateful

Each year, at Christmas time, I can feel my attitude come crashing down, like a plane that takes off in such a glorious rush and then loses altitude half way through the flight!  As of yesterday, I was ready for this trip to be over.  Luckily, I've gained momentum and my spirits are soaring again!

I was so tired last night when me and my youngest daughter came home.  I had stuff laying all over the house and just knew it was going to take me all day today to get it back in order before my husband and other two children arrived home.  I began to fret about where to put this, where to put that, why did I even get this, and so on and so on.  Yes, it was sad and not very nice on my part, a true Grinch!  Amazing how I lost sight of what's really important, but I am grateful the Lord gave me a good kick in the pants!

When I woke up this morning and got ready to begin my day, I  spotted my Bible in the place where I usually pray.  That's when I realized it had been a couple of days since I've spent some time in prayer and devotions.  What a reality check I had when I opened my Bible and read in Isaiah 9:5, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  WOW!!!  Because he loved us so much, Jesus became everything we need, and here I was complaining and griping about such frivolous "junk!" 

After much needed prayer time, I put in a Christmas CD and began to sing along with it.  I began to thank the Lord for all the things that I have been blessed with, even though I don't need them.  I thanked him for our health, our families, good friends, a wonderful church to worship, protection over my family every time we travel, and for all those "little" things that I sometimes seem to forget.

As I sit here by the fire, waiting on the rest of my family to return home, I am so very thankful for the true meaning of Christmas, for what Jesus did for me.  I truly have peace and joy every day of my life!  I am blessed beyond measure!  Though we are able to give our children gifts to open up this Christmas, I am so glad that they know who Jesus really is! No amount of money or any present can take the place of that!  

So, for all of you out there who are reading this, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I pray you embrace the true meaning of Christmas and come to realize how blessed you really are!



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment