Friday, January 3, 2014

A Quiet Moment

I love mornings. To me, if I start out my day early, it just seems like there is more time to accomplish what I need to do.  Usually, my husband has already left for work and the kids are still snug in their beds, like today.

Scott, my husband, already had a fire going by the time I woke up. It was a great opportunity to read my Bible and spend some time in prayer.  Afterwards, I decided to go shovel the walk and driveway.  (I would've used the snow blower, but I have no idea how to work it!)  Though it was bitter cold outside, it left me some more time to think and pray.  The sun was shining, casting rays of spiky light across the snow.  It was beautiful!  At that moment, I just felt the presence of God sweep over me and start speaking to me.

Sometimes, that "still, small voice" is what we need.  We need to keep quiet and let the Lord talk to us.  I get so preoccupied with all the tasks that I need to finish each day, that, quite often, I don't allow the Lord to speak to me, like he did this morning.  At that moment, I wasn't just shoveling snow and freezing my head off, but I was in the presence of the Almighty God. Nothing else mattered.  All that mattered was that He saw fit to show up in an extraordinary way while I was completing an ordinary task.
 
I look forward to 2014 and all that is in store for me and my family.  I also look forward to more intimate moments with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus.  I am a blessed woman each and every day!!  



"And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." I Kings 19:12

No comments:

Post a Comment