Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snow Storm '14

As I sit here typing this, snow is falling about an inch per hour.  The meteorologists have predicted that we have not seen a blizzard this bad since 1978, the year my brother was born.  I was seven years old.  I don't remember much about that one, but a child seldom remembers such important events in her life. 

My pastor cancelled service because of the hazardous conditions today, something he never does.  I knew we were in for it when he called off church.  However, we are prepared.  We have food, firewood, movies, blankets, all the necessities.  Sometimes, it takes circumstances beyond your control to make a person relax and enjoy time with family. 

My husband and son have been watching football since they woke up, huddled together under a warm blanket in front of the fireplace.  Me and my oldest have been enjoying reading in the recliners, while my youngest daughter is listening to her headphones.  Even the dog is "chillin'!" (Pardon the pun!)  We are just "being" today...and it's nice! 

I rarely sit down, even when I'm home all day.  It's just who I am.  Unfortunately, it takes vacations or sickness to make me relax.  But, today, with the snow and temperatures falling, I lack the motivation to do anything.   I look over at my new sewing machine, thinking I really want to start a new project.  However, my book calls to me louder than the sewing machine does! 

I am ready for spring, but today just has a nice "feel" to it.  Maybe spring will hold off just a little bit longer, so I can enjoy a few more days of this.  For now, I feel my blanket calling me!  Everyone, be safe!



Pictures from our back door and front porch.  Snow keeps falling!




No comments:

Post a Comment