Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Apple Cart Turned Over!

I apologize for the lack of posting lately.  It's been crazy around here and we're getting ready to go on a two week vacation out east.  I am so ready to spend some quality time with my family.  However, the stress has just about gotten to me.  Something always happens right before vacation that causes a minor panic with me.

Three weeks ago, my phone was due for an upgrade.  So, I got a Samsung Galaxy 4.  Loved it at first. A week later, the notification sound when out and I traded it in for another one, the same model.  You know what happened the next week?  The same thing!!!  I then took it back yesterday and the sales person persuaded me to get an iPhone 5C.  I ended up buying an "open box" one, meaning it was brought back by another customer. (But, hey, it only cost me $1.00 and I got a $100.00 gift card, which I spent in the store. Plus, they refunded me for everything I bought with the previous phones, including cases and what have you.) So, late last night, guess what happened?  The sound went out!!!  My first thought, "I'm cursed!"  I went to bed in tears, but, as I was trying to sleep and plot out my plan for today, my kids found the problem.  I then took it to the store today because the battery wasn't staying charged.  Unfortunately, I was upset and ready to thump some heads together if it didn't get fixed.  Thankfully, after I calmed down, the kid behind the counter was able to show me a few "tricks" on how to keep it charged and offered me a short tutorial on the do's and don't's of working my iPhone.  It seems to have done the trick.  The process of buying a phone is never easy, but this was one that "took the cake."  

It's amazing how one little upset (or big!) can change your mood and send your blood pressure off the charts! I actually had to request prayer from my children so I could get some sleep last night.  Silly, but true! 

In the scheme of things, it was probably not worth the stress.  It is amazing how our perspective changes when the little things come along and upset our apple cart.  

Jesus said to "cast all our cares on him because he cares about us."  Even a broke phone.  He said "all our cares," not just the big ones or medium-sized ones, but ALL!!! I am learning that, no matter what happens, He will take care of it and work everything out for my good.  I may not want to deal with these issues, but, usually, there is a lesson learned when life hits.  Sometimes, I don't get the lesson until later.

For now, I'm going to settle back and try to figure out this iPhone.  Who knows, maybe when I return from vacation, I will have mastered the basics. 


No comments:

Post a Comment