Monday, October 27, 2014

Hiking Fun and Now Monday!

It's Monday and I'm back at it!  Got a busy week ahead, but this past weekend gave me the strength to face the coming days!

My husband actually took off work to spend some time with the family over fall break.  We were able to enjoy a hiking trip to Brown County State Park.  (I never felt more out of shape then I did during the trek up the hills!)  During the last leg of our hike, we got turned around and thought we were lost. The sun was also beginning to set, so that was kind of fun...in a scary sort of way! Did I mention that we took our dog with us?  Poor little guy wore himself out having so much fun that he slept all weekend.  It was his first hiking trip with the family and I think he rather enjoyed himself.  If he's with us, he's happy.

It's times like these that I appreciate the time I have with my children.  They actually enjoy being with us!  (Crazy, right?!)  They are getting older and I know that, one of these days, I will wish for these days back.  For now, however, I am going to savor them.  I'm still elated over the time we were able to enjoy together as a family!

Well, work awaits and so do my children.  I hope you all had a great weekend, as well, and would enjoy hearing your stories.  Happy Monday, all!



Enjoyed a day of hiking with the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment