Friday, October 3, 2014

Refashion Ready!

Cooler weather is here (I actually wore a sweatshirt today!) and I decided to get the longer skirts out of storage.  However, when I went to pull them out, I realized that I didn't have as many as I thought and the ones I did have, didn't fit as well (no, I will not say whether they were larger or smaller).

Anyone who wears skirts all the time knows that it is hard to find the right length and a wide variety, especially for the colder months.  To remedy that, I decided to make my own skirts.  

Now, I am not a seamstress by any means, but I have used what little skills I have in making skirts for my girls and myself.  So, we decided to make a trip to the Goodwill and buy some pants.  Yep, I said pants!  As I was scrolling through my Pinterest boards, I saw a lot of ideas about "refashioning" pants into skirts.  Though I've tried it once, I thought I'd get a little more creative.  I ended up with several pairs of pants in my shopping cart.

Not only will it give me variety and uniqueness, but it will give me the opportunity to make them exactly the way I want!  It is so hard to find skirts with the right length, style, and size, so why not make my own?  

I am so excited to start a project, but it will be a few more days before I begin.  My mom has decided to visit, so we may make another trip to the Goodwill or a few consignment shops.  Yippee!!!!  I can't wait to see what I find!  

Hopefully, I will be able to share my progress in a few days.  Before I go, however, I will give a hint as to some of what I will be working with!!! Have a blessed weekend!


My purchases!  Ready to washed and remade!


No comments:

Post a Comment