Saturday, January 31, 2015

Healthy Habits: Gluten Free Muffins (From A Box!)

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year.  I decided that most of the ones that are made are usually broken the first week in January.  However, I did make some goals for myself.  One is that I would change some eating habits and exercise more.  After spending January trying to shed Christmas pounds and going to the doctor for some health issues,  I decided it was time to get back on track.

Though my family is with me on the healthier lifestyle, it is a hard transition to make when you are so used to eating a certain way. I researched Pinterest, being one of my favorite websites, and came up with a few ideas to get started.

This morning, I decided to try gluten-free muffins for breakfast.  (I am not totally on the gluten-free train yet, but I have seen such positive results in friends and family members, that I feel it's worth a shot!)  I used a box mix, King Arthur Flour brand.  They are mixed plain but you can add your fruit in to customize it.  Just follow the directions on the box and then put the extra fruit.  I added blueberries.

Being used to the sweeter blueberry muffins, I was worried my family would not like them.  I was happily mistaken!  They loved them!  Not only were they fluffy and filling, but the blueberries added enough sweetness that they weren't so sugary tasting.




Now, I know I may have used a mix, but, for me, it saves me time in an otherwise busy day.  I have found that eating healthier is more expensive but there are so many options out there for gluten-free diets.  Also, you can shop around, as I did yesterday, to find grocery stores that sell less expensive brands.


No comments:

Post a Comment