Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Almond Butter Cookies

On my quest for healthier eating, I dared to make these almond butter cookies.  I like to stick with ingredients and foods that I know, but these were delicious!  I was hesitant to use the almond butter, thinking I should substitute peanut butter instead.  I was glad I didn't...my family loved them!

This is an easy recipe and healthy.  They are flourless and gluten-free. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
  1. * 1 large egg
  2. * 1 cup almond butter
  3. * 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
  4. * 1 tsp baking soda
  5. * 1 cup dark chocolate chips
(I doubled the recipe because my family eats a lot!)

Instructions:

  1. Set oven to 350F.
  2. Crack egg into a medium bowl and whisk lightly. Add the almond butter, baking soda, and sugar and mix everything together well.
  3. Add the chocolate chips.
  4. Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.   Space the cookies about an inch apart and flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon.
  5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. (I usually bake mine for 9 minutes.) The cookies will look underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.
  6. Let them cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them carefully to a cooling rack or tray.



Mix the ingredients.

Put teaspoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet
and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Voila!!!

Enjoy!  Be sure to make enough for 
everyone else!




No comments:

Post a Comment