Sunday, February 8, 2015

Flourless Almond Butter Pancakes

My quest for healthier eating for me and my family brought me to a recipe I found on Pinterest.  (The link to the original website is attached here.) I made these pancakes for breakfast this morning and they seemed to have been a hit with the family. They are much lighter than flour pancakes and so yummy!  I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!


Almond Butter Pancakes


1/2 cup of Almond Butter
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
2 whole eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  (You can also fry them in coconut oil or butter.)

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth.  Scoop the batter onto the parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown.  I had to use two baking sheets.  If you fry them, pour batter in skillet and flip them when edges turn brown. 

You can top with butter, jelly, or syrup on the pancakes.  (The photos make the pancakes a little darker than they actually were.)








No comments:

Post a Comment