Friday, March 13, 2015

Make Time For Him!

Another crazy month!  I feel as if I haven't been able to write anything for a while...which, I haven't. I have been overwhelmed with work, the kids' school, church, and other things that demand my attention.  Unfortunately, my time spent with the Lord has diminished in the process.

Recently, I had an interesting conversation with someone during our weekly ladies' prayer meeting. We both realized that it's an epidemic in Christians today.  We get so busy with "stuff" and life that we put our walk with God on the back burner. I know that I, personally, have allowed other things to take priority in my life and I have suffered for it. Do I go to church? Yes, but my mind is preoccupied.  Do I pray?  Yes, but I am inundated with thoughts of what I have to do that day.  Do I invite people to church and share the gospel with them?  Yes, but it's in passing or when they bring it up to me.

You see, none of what I am doing is bad, but it's just not that good, either.  We, as Christians, can be so consumed with the daily task of living that we forget the One who has given us life.  We can even be so busy with doing things in church that we don't cultivate our relationship with Jesus.  Our relationship with him should be a priority.

Don't misunderstand me.  We all have responsibilities: jobs, families, church, housework, others' needs, etc.  Life happens and time doesn't stand still for anyone. It doesn't mean we let all that go to waste and spend 24 hours a day in prayer and fasting.  That, in itself, would be foolish.  It just means we learn to prioritize and set aside time to give to the Lord.

You say you don't have time for even that?  You do and you need it!  But don't take my word for it...take His:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33 

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11

"But be ye doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." John 15:7

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints." Ephesians 6:18

2 comments:

  1. I have had a crazy couple of months too and one of the thoughts the Lord put in my heart lately was to live out of the treasure of His surpassing greatness He shows towards us. Saying this to a girl who has always loved her daily quiet time is really provoking my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that! It was beautifully said! I want to "lIve out the treasure of His surpassing greatness," too. Lovely words!

    ReplyDelete