Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hold On, It's Just A Pause

Three years ago to the day, May 27th, 2012, God spoke to me in a church service regarding intercessory prayer.  I knew that my ministry would involve prayer somehow, but did not know how deeply. After service ended, my pastor asked to see me in his office.  He told me that the Lord had spoke to him regarding my ministry and showed me something he wrote on a piece of paper. It said, "Intercessory team."  I was astounded but amazed that the Lord had confirmed it so quickly.

Only a few short months later, my dad passed away.  Somehow, in my human thinking, I thought that it would be easier than it was, especially since I had been driving down there to see him during the previous months and was preparing for this the whole time.  Unfortunately, nothing prepares you for the death of a loved one and the overwhelming grief that hit me left me reeling.  My ministry took a back seat.   

The emotions that came and went threw me out of orbit and I stopped praying and believing that God would see me through this horrific time in my life.  The one thing that I needed to do and was called to do, I stopped doing.  

After about a year, I started getting my footing back and started praying. I hate to admit this, but it took me almost two years before I actually started feeling like I was back to normal.  I started to believe that God did not forsake me and that he loved me and he loved my dad, enough to take him out of his pain and take him home, where he strived to be all his life.  

Shortly after, the Lord started moving on me and speaking to me.  And I started listening again. Don't get me wrong...He never left.  He allowed me to grieve and held my hand the whole time.  He let me go through the pain and heartache and waited patiently while I came to my senses.  

God has called each and everyone of us to ministry.  He has a plan for us, but, sometimes, we need to go through trials and temptations to get us prepared.  Situations in our life can put our ministry on pause, but know this: his timing is perfect.  He allows these things in our life to help us grow and get to the place where we can be molded in his image.  Hold onto him and don't lose sight of what he has called you to do. "For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable." Romans 11:29




No comments:

Post a Comment