Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pumpkin Bread Recipe For Fall

What do you do on a nice, cool fall day?  (Yes, technically, it's not fall, but it feels like it.)  I like to snuggle under a blanket and read a good book...and bake.  One of my favorite recipes is my pumpkin bread.  My mom used to make it when I was growing up and it always reminds me of fall days as a young girl. It's so easy but tastes so good!

I've shared it before but thought it was worth sharing again.

Pumpkin Bread

1 2/3 c. flour                                     2  eggs
1 1/4 c. sugar                                    1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. baking soda                             1/3c. water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon                             1 c. pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp. nutmeg                                 1/2 c. chopped pecans (Optional-I choose not to put any in mine.)
1/4 tsp. salt

Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  (Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to mixture now if you are using them.)  Mix well and set aside. Combine 2 eggs slightly beaten, 1/2 cup oil, 1/3 cup water and 1 cup canned pumpkin. Mix well. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.  Spoon into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes or until done. 

Enjoy!  






No comments:

Post a Comment