Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Sharing Again: Easy Potato Salad With Sour Cream

Vacation is over and it's back to "normal" on tomorrow! However, today was wonderful! The weather cooperated and I was able to open my windows to air out the house.  We also got a lot accomplished today...washed the laundry from our trip, cleaned the house, got the lawn mowed, washed and cleaned the car, and  even made dinner!

Speaking of dinner, one thing I do miss from being down south is the food.  We ate out quite frequently and I miss some of the southern cooking we were able to experience. One of the "delicacies" that we had was potato salad.  Okay, I know that we make that where I'm from and it's pretty good, but I've never had it the way we had it in Alabama...with sour cream!  I looked it up on Pinterest and decided to make it with dinner tonight. (I tweaked it to the tastes of my family.)  It was pretty good, if I do say so myself, so I decided to share the recipe.  Enjoy!


Potato Salad With Sour Cream

2 lbs. of red potatoes, cubed cooked (when the fork can go in smoothly, not mushy), drained
        1/2 lb. bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (Use according to how much you want)
        1 pkg. dried Ranch dressing
        1/2 cup sour cream with chives
        1/2 cup mayo

Mix the Ranch dressing, sour cream, and mayo together.  Add the mixture to the potatoes.  Crumble the bacon and add to the potatoes.  Mix together.  Enjoy warm or chill!



No comments:

Post a Comment