Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Take Time To Enjoy Life With Your Loved Ones...It Goes By Fast

I never knew how precious time was until my children started getting older. I watched them today as they all stood at the bathroom sink, trying to brush their teeth while chatting and having fun with each other. My heart was overwhelmed within me. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time.

As I sat in the living room, watching them from the couch, my mom sat across from me.  I know she thinks the same of her children. I know she has the same thought I do: Where did time go? 

Being a parent can be rough. We have to provide for our children and nurture them. It can be a daunting task and time can get away from us if we aren't careful. But, regardless of all of the responsibilities we have, time spent with them is important. Quality time, that is. 

How many times have I told my children, "Hold on. Give me a second. Just another minute." Too many times. Those seconds and minutes turn into hours and, sometimes, they disappear altogether.

Our children are involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities and that forces us to be involved in their lives. However, sometimes, those activities overlap with the other kids' and we can't make every event. That's why vacations are so important to us. We take time to concentrate on our family and our relationships with each other. 

This year, we decided to take my mom, as well. It has been a great bonding experience for all of us, not only our the kids and us, but the kids and their grandmother. We all get to relax and just be ourselves. At 74, my mom still likes to have fun and laughs just as much as we do. It's a side of her that I will never tire of seeing and plan on relishing as much as I can when I'm with her.

These moments won't last but I plan on keeping them for as long as I can. Life has been a crazy adventure thus far and I plan to enjoy each and every moment with my family that I can.

I realize that this blog post seems random and the thoughts seem a little incoherent, at times. However, thank you for divulging me in my ramblings. It does a heart good to express itself once in a while. Have a wonderful week, everyone!



Me and my mama! I think we had a photo bomber in the back 









No comments:

Post a Comment