Monday, October 15, 2012

Picture this!!!

October 15, 2012

It has been crazy busy since the last time I posted!  We're preparing for a BIG conference at church-which I am super excited about!!-and I have been working on a newsletter for our church.  And tomorrow is my 41st birthday!!!  Ahhh!!!  Nine more years and I will be fifty!!!  Can I really be that old?!!!  ;)

Speaking of birthdays, I realize that it has hit the middle of October and Christmas is right around the corner.  Yes, Christmas has come up quite frequently these days!  I've been working on a lot of projects this year, since my family decided we were not going to spend any money on exchanging gifts.  However, I LOVE to give stuff so I've decided to make quilts for my sisters and maybe find a smaller project for everyone else.  (Can I help it if I'm closer to my sisters and feel they deserve something extra special?!!)

Below, I wanted to share a picture quilt I made for my mom back in 2005 for Mother's Day.  Hate to toot my own horn, but I think it's rather charming and she absolutely loved it!!! 

I love the cheery colors! I've tried working on projects using darker colors, but I always revert back to the bright, sunny ones.  I used iron-on paper for ink-jet printers and then transferred them to material.  You can actually buy fabric designed to put in your printer and copy the images directly onto the fabric.  I chose not to do that.

Another thing I try to do, is label EVERYTHING!!!  I'm big on the labels.  Even for small projects, you can make a generic label if you don't want to put in the details.

This was my first picture quilt and I am rather pleased at how it turned out. 


 
 

 Maybe I'll get off the subject of quilts in my next post, but probably not! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...