Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving...what more can I say?



November 15, 2012


It has been a while since I've written anything, but since Thanksgiving is next week, I thought it fitting that I share what I am thankful for this year. 

I am thankful:

* for being able to homeschool my children.  I love learning and creating with them!!!  I love the opportunity I have to instill in them godly values and a love for books and the world around them!!! I would not trade it for anything in this world!!!!

* for a hard-working husband who I still find sexy and attractive and handsome!!!  He puts up a lot with me, but he sticks around anyway!!!  He is my rock and I love him so much!!!

* for parents who instilled in me a good work ethic and raised us with morals and values, no matter how far off track we got.  Though Dad is no longer with us, he was a prayer warrior and showed the way to prayer!!! 

* for my siblings! I have two older sisters and two younger brothers!!!  My sisters have been great confidantes and shoulders to lean on!!!  Love them!!!

* for my besties!!!  Though they are far away, I love them like sisters!!!  Never a dull moment with them!!!

* we have food and shelter and clothing.  I lack nothing in the way of needs and neither does my family!!! 

*  for the part-time job at the library!  I love books; therefore, what a great place to work!!!!

* for vacations to get-away and relax!  Whether it's to sight-see or just sit and relax on the beach, it rejuvenates the mind and gets me back on focus!!!

* my family is healthy!!! 

* for all the modern conveniences, some of which, if I didn't have, my family would be in B-I-G trouble!!!! 

* for truth!!! The Word of God is my road map!!!!  It offers the instruction I need to live, the inspiration I need to be motivated, the plan I need to be saved, the how-to on treating others, the wisdom for everyday living, and sooooo much more!!!

* that Jesus loved me and died for me!!! What a great God I serve that He would come down in flesh and take all our sins to the cross!!! 

* for the Holy Ghost!!!  God's spirit inside of me, leading and guiding me!!!!  How awesome!!!

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for!!!  I pray a very blessed Thanksgiving to all of you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...