Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sew Easy Work Space

December 4, 2012

I finally got my sewing room (or space!) finished!  I have been needing--okay, wanting--a place where I can sew or quilt.  It has taken me a while, but I finally came up with a solution!

I have been on many of the social websites, trying to find out how I can do-it-myself without spending a lot of money.  After much research, I came up with a solution. First, I had to move the book shelf and the many kids' books it kept.  Second, I used an old typewriter table for my sewing machine and bought a cheap, fold-up table from Sam's Wholesale Club for $34.95.  (Eventually, I am going to get a serger and may need more space, but, for now, this works!) I have plastic bins underneath the table for storage that I bought on sale at Target.  Then, I bought some material and made the table skirt to cover my make-shift cutting table. 

Alas, here are the results:



 
 
I have gone back and forth on whether I should lose the table skirt, but I like the way it covers all the "stuff" underneath.  It looks a bit messy right now, but I will eventually clean it up.  Either way, I'm proud that I finally accomplished a task that I have been meaning to do for a long time now. 
 
So, off to sewing I go!!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...