Thursday, April 25, 2013

My "New" Sewing Machine!

I recently acquired a 1913 Singer treadle sewing machine.  Now, if you know me at all, I love antiques and vintage items.  I mean love!!!  I am forever telling my husband that I was definitely born in the wrong era.  (Except where childbirth is concerned.  I am so thankful for modern medicine!)  Everything seems to have been built better and had a little more character than most modern day extravagances.

Back to the machine.  It is in great condition and still runs.  There were belts that came with the machine and it uses everyday sewing machine needles.  How convenient is that?!!  I have yet to use it, but I am looking forward to the day I can figure out how.  It is actually the second treadle machine that I now have in my possession, but the first one is not in very good shape.

Inside the machine, there were different accessories and a user's manual, as well as a 1915 catalog advertising these "new" machines.  Awesome, isn't it?  Well, I think so.

Since I am not familiar with these kinds of machines, except to read about them and acquire them, I thought I'd give you some pictures and you can see for yourself what I'm talking about.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...