Wednesday, April 10, 2013

No Guns Here...Yet

I broke down and finally decided to buy a gun permit.  Do I have a gun?  No.  Do I know how to shoot a gun?  No.  Why did I buy it?  Well, with all the talk of new gun laws and the government making it harder for people to have them, I just decided I'd take the plunge. I, also, firmly believe that everyone has a right to protect their family and homes.  (However, that is a personal choice, so I won't debate that point right now.)  Unfortunately, it cost me $134.95 total.  Of course, for a lifetime permit, that's not too bad.

Now, before everyone gets on the whole "anti-gun" soap box, I have to say one thing.  I am not one of those "gun nuts."  I do believe you have to use wisdom and caution when dealing with any kind of firearm.  Also, safety is of the utmost importance!!!!  Before I ever even consider purchasing a handgun of any type, I will have safety lessons.  Also, my children will be taught the importance of gun safety.  I do not want them to be afraid of guns but to respect how deadly they can be, especially if put in the hands of the wrong person.  

So, now I just wait 9-11 weeks for my permit to be mailed to me.  Think I'll go research "guns" on the internet now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...