Saturday, May 18, 2013

So Much Time and So Little To Do

It's a Saturday and the strangest thing has happened...I have a day off work and my husband and children went to visit family!!!  I have a free day!!!  Funny thing, though, I have no idea what to do with myself.  I've been on Facebook, went to take a movie back to the video store, picked up something to eat.  Now, I'm sitting here writing this.

Isn't it weird that, as a mom, we often are so wrapped up in every day living and doing for our family that we sometimes forget that we need a break, too.  In my mind, I had this big day planned with all of this "stuff" I wanted to get completed.  Now, I'm just sitting here waiting for the hour when my husband and children get back to me.  Even the dog is looking at me, as if to say, "What are you waiting for!  Do something!"

Maybe it's the fact that I don't have to do anything today.  No laundry, no cleaning, no running around.  It is not in my nature to just "relax."  I am constantly going.  But, sometimes, we all need to just breathe and do absolutely nothing, to get our focus back on the important things and re-energize our minds and bodies...even our emotions.

Now the hard part.  I'm going to try it. I am going to just "hang out" and get recharged.  Just be a bump on a log...or whatever the kids say these days.  Then, maybe the dog will stop looking at me funny. We'll see.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...