Friday, May 3, 2013

This "Old" Book

My husband recently cleaned out his office to move into a different building.  While cleaning, he found some old stuff that had been left there by only God knows who.  One of his finds was an edition of Little Men by Louisa May Alcott.  For me, this is heaven!!! It's the best of both worlds-vintage and a book!!!  I've read Little Women but have never had the opportunity to read Alcott's other titles.

Now, I'm not an expert of anything, but I do have quite a few old titles in my collection.  Harriet Tubman's Uncle Tom's Cabin, one of the first Nancy Drew titles, and even an old copy of Little Black Sambo
that my dad found at an antique store years ago. It's not in good shape at all. The pages are falling apart and I have to keep it in a plastic baggie because it might disintegrate before my eyes.  (The book, in my opinion, is a little racist, therefore, I don't really care to read it.)

I'm not sure why Little Men was left in my husband's office, especially since it's a medical clinic.  But you know what they say, "One man's junk is another man's treasure."


Little Men by Louise M. Alcott



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...