Saturday, June 8, 2013

Much I Say About Nothing

Recently, I was asked why I started a blog and what do I write on my blog.  My response?  I want to and I write about nothing in particular, just what tickles my fancy at the time.  Yeah, it wasn't a very good response, but it was the truth.

I have often thought about writing on one certain topic, such as a blog dedicated to my journey to weight loss.  But since I fluctuate on my weight and probably wouldn't lose enough to make a difference, I decided that was a bad idea.  Then I thought about sharing my experience as a homeschool mom, but then I worried that all the "expert homeschool moms" would be so critical that I'd have to shut my blog down.  (Not that it matters...my kids are smart, so that proves I'm doing something right.  Right?!!)  Then I thought about a quilting blog but I never have enough time to quilt, so it would actually be a blog about half-finished quilts.  And who wants to learn how to do something half-way?  I could go on and on, but I think you understand where I'm going with this.

I don't write to make money or impart some great words of wisdom (though, it wouldn't be a bad thing to make money and I would love for someone to actually say I have any wisdom!).  I write because I want to and because it is a passion of mine!!! And to entertain you, the  reader!!!

So, next time you read something on my blog and wonder where I'm going with it...don't.  Just enjoy the ride and know that somewhere in my mind, it all makes sense.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...