Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New Smyrna Beach, Day 5

I think I will leave Florida burnt to a crisp!!!  Spent some more time on the beach and in the pool today and my back is hurting!!! But it was oh so worth it!  Nothing more relaxing than a nice ocean breeze while walking along the beach!

After our trek down to the beach and a little reading time at the pool, we decided to check out a local quilt shop, Seaside Sewing & Quilts. Loved it!!!  I bought a snowman panel along with a couple of yards of coordinating fabric for the backing that has a peppermint striped hearts pattern.  My sister came away with a child's print for her soon-to-be grand-baby. 

Next, we ate at The Garlic, a great Italian restaurant (with a little bit of everything else!). We started off with an appetizer of  deep fried cheese with puttanesca sauce and bread with garlic and vinegarette to dip it in. My mom had the Pasta Pomodoro, my sister had the Pollo (chicken) Marsala, and I had the Seafood Cannelloni.  YUM!! Naturally, what made each dish flavorful was the garlic.  Our waiter, Derek, made dinner especially pleasant.  He was very friendly and attentive and recommended his favorites from the menu. If I were a food critic, this restaurant would get a 10!!! 

Later, there was more walking on the beach. A full moon and high tide made it memorable.  I have come to the conclusion that the beach is one of my favorite places!  I will miss the nightly walks and gorgeous sunrises here in New Smyrna Beach, especially since tonight is our last night to be here.  It has been an amazing time and we have met some great people! I look forward to coming again next year!



The Garlic restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...