Sunday, December 1, 2013

Five Things I Learned On Vacation

It's 1:23 am and I can't sleep.  Vacation always leaves me with my nights and mornings messed up.  It is going to take me about a week to get back into schedule.  So, while I was enjoying the comfort of a log cabin in the mountains,  I wanted to share a list of things that I found to be true for me. 

1.)  No bed can compete with mine!  It's not that my queen-sized bed at home is more comfortable-because it's not!-but it's mine!!  I don't have to guess who sleeps on it at night or if the sheets were washed from the last person who slept there.

2.)  Hiking boots?!!!  Oh, yeah!!  Shoes are my thing! Love them! I may not be able to wear every pair that I admire, but, the ones that I can, I like to look at them and just devote a minute or two of my time staring at how wonderful they are.  Okay, I absolutely fell in  love with my hiking boots.  I bought them at Gander Mountain, not even a year ago, for a tobogganing trip.  Haven't worn them since.  But they are so comfy and awesome looking! What girl could ask for more?!!

3.)  I stink at Foosball.  It's a fact.  I have played with my children and I am lucky if I can score a point on my own.  Those little rods with the wooden men attached just don't cut it for me.  There's such a big gap between the "little men" that I can't stop the ball from going into the opponent's pocket.  (Okay, I may be putting some blame where it doesn't deserve to be, but what I said is true...for me, anyway.)  I just can't win this game.

4.)  Warm weather trumps cold weather.  Okay, it is beautiful in the mountains, especially when it snows and covers all the pine trees.  Breathtaking!  However, a couple of days of cold weather is enough for me.  I live for heat!  I just can't seem to get warm.  I miss the days of cutting grass and swimming in a pool while the sun beats down on me.  And I can stay motivated!  Sitting inside because of the cold, snowy days produces laziness.  I am proof. 

5.)  I love being with my family.  Each year, we try to take one vacation where it's just me, my husband, and our kids.  We need this.  Every day is hustle and bustle around my house, so, it's nice to go off and bond with eachother.  Laughing, playing, and talking are all part of the process.  I have learned so many things about my husband and children because of this time we set apart to just be together.  Though we try to chisel out time in our busy schedules to do this, nothing beats getting away from it all and just being with your most favorite people, doing absolutely nothing except enjoying eachother's company.

If I were honest, I would have put this on my list: I love to sleep.  Having said that, I think it's time for me to go to bed.  Good night and enjoy your Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...