Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Change, Now And Then

I knew 2014 was going to bring changes, I just didn't expect them so soon!!!  I started a new part-time position in social media for a local health network.  (Coincidentally, my other half works for the same network.)  It has been stressful but exciting! Basically, I'm getting paid to use Facebook!! Seriously, how cool is that?!!!

Though the job was a big change, a more monumental change has come about and it will affect the future of my family.  My daughter has started to look into colleges and universities!! I can't believe my baby is growing up!!  I am still befuddled that time has gone by and I seemed to have let it.

I have been praying for my children's futures since before they were born.  They will have decisions to make that neither myself nor my husband will be able to make for them.  They will have life questions that only experience will be able to answer.  It is during those times that I will pray that they will let the Lord guide them.  It is a scary thing letting your child go out into a world that you, as a parent, have tried to protect them from.

Do not get me wrong. I am not afraid of letting my children "leave the nest."  Yes, I get a little teary-eyed sometimes when I realize that my babies are all growing up and will one day have families of their own. However, it is exciting watching them grow and mature and become the person God wants each of them to be!  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28

As I sit here writing this, I look around the room and see my children go about their daily routines.  I feel privileged that God has entrusted the task of raising them to me and my husband.  They have blessed us more than they will ever realize.  (Well, maybe when they have children of their own, they will know.)

For now, I will sit back and enjoy 2014 and the amazing things God has in store for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...