Monday, May 5, 2014

Proverbs 31 Woman: Verses 25 and 26

"Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. 
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:25-26

I wish I could write so much more on Proverbs 31, but, as I have been trying to do, I will keep it short.  Or, as short as it can be.  But there is so much more depth that can be found in this chapter!!!  There are parallels to this wise woman and the church today that will have to be saved for another day!  So, let's continue.  

In verse 25, the author is not referring to her clothing in the literal sense, but her demeanor and attitude.  She is a strong person and carries herself well.  She respects herself and those around her. She meets every day with a smile, regardless of the situations that occur.  Okay, I'm going to be real here. I have a big problem with this because I am an emotional person and wear mine on my sleeves. I am not saying I am correct in this, just that I need help in this area.  When situations or circumstances occur that may not always bring about pleasant outcomes, I tend to get a little frantic and frenzied. (Thus, the name of my blog!)  However, the Lord has helped me over the years and I believe that, if we are sincere, he can help each of us "in whatsoever state we are, to be content." (Philippians 4:11)

Now, verse 26 is something, I believe, we all need help in conquering, some more than others.  How many of us haven't opened our mouth only to try and catch the words that go flying out of it?  Yes, I am guilty! When she opens her mouth, it is with wisdom and kindness.  I'm sure she may have wanted to tell that person off who pushed their shopping cart in front of hers during market day.  Or, maybe someone said something that really didn't come out right and she took offense right away, but she kept her mouth shut.  I know I'm stepping on some toes now...mine included!!!  Wow!!!  If I had a penny for every time that wisdom and kindness did not come out of my mouth, what a rich woman I would be!  This is another virtue that I am working on, with the Lord's help.  My husband actually said he has noticed a difference over the course of our marriage and how God has really helped me in this area.  So, there is hope!!

Don't be disheartened if you feel less than equal to this lady.  She had her struggles, too, and I'm sure the Lord had to help her in other areas of her life.  Just know that he that "began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6)  He is faithful and will help us, if we are sincere when seeking him!  Take each day as it comes and watch what He will do!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...