Monday, June 9, 2014

Rest For The Weary

I am having one of those kinds of Mondays!  Got little to no sleep last night, thanks to these new "fluffy" pillows my husband bought. (They are so big that I wake up with neck cramps!)  I had to get my daughter to the orthodontist by 8:00am. I am an early riser, however, there are a few things that I like to get done each morning before my children awake.  It wasn't happening this morning.  My prayer time was interrupted because my husband decided to work from home for a while.  (Ladies, let's be real here. Our husbands are like big children sometimes and are just as messy! You know where I'm going with this, so I'll stop there! God bless their little hearts!) Then, to top it all off, I'm staring at the mess of laundry that needs to be washed and the house that needs to be cleaned. If you know me, I can't work in an unkempt house.  Blame it on my OCD or ADHD or FOB or whatever!  Of course, instead of doing all of the above, I'm posting to my blog. (When inspiration hits, you gotta go with it!)

I know that I am not the only one who is or has been over stressed with the daily "to do" list.  We've all been in that boat!  What matters is how we handle the stress and busyness of  everyday life.  Sometimes, we just need to take a breather and know that all will be okay.  In Matthew 11:28 (KJV), Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."   Basically, he is telling all who are weary and burdened, rest in him.   Psalms 62:5 (NIV) reads, "Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him."  

To find rest in him, we must first know how to do that.  The best place to start is prayer!  Talk to him as if talking to your closest friend.  Speak your troubles and cares to him and ask him to help you.  Then, give him thanks for helping you! Let him know how much you appreciate and love him, because he loves you!

Next, get in the Word!!  The Bible is chock full of answers for every aspect of our lives!  From salvation to grieving to healing to just living as a Christian, you can find the answers in the Book of all books!!  2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV), "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness."  Get in the Word and find peace in the midst of all the chaos!

In resting in him, you will find strength and restoration to get accomplished those things that can sometimes become monotonous.  Let his peace flow over you and refresh your weary body and mind.  Know that he cares for you and wants to help you each and every day, if you allow him.

God bless you all!  Have a wonderful Monday!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...