Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Summer Is Gone...Fall Is Here!

Fall is officially here!!!  Though I'm not a big fan of the colder months, I'd like to think of fall as the "in between," where you can leave your windows open and not bother with the heat or the air conditioning.  It's the time of year I like to start baking, whereas, most of the time, I'm not a big fan of the kitchen.

I also love to decorate for fall.  I've put out my wreath, mailbox cover, and yard decorations.  One thing about the area where I live, that I truly appreciate, is the changing seasons.  (As you can tell by my blog, I like to change things up a bit once in a while!)

This week, I've baked my all time favorite, pumpkin bread.  The smell of warm pumpkin baking in the oven, leaves rustling on the trees outside the open windows, and my children playing outside in the yard gives me a sense of peace in my otherwise chaotic life.

So, to celebrate the beginning of fall (or autumn, whichever you prefer!), I'm going to share my pumpkin bread recipe with you.  It's a simple recipe but tastes sooooo good!  Hope you like it!


Pumpkin Bread

1 2/3 cup flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt

Other ingredients:

2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (100% pure)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional..I choose not to put them in mine)

Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to above mixture, if you wish.  Mix well and set aside.  Combine 2 eggs, slightly beaten, 1/2 cup oil, 1/3 cup water, and 1 cup canned pumpkin.  Mix well.  Spoon into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes, or until done. (I had batter left over, so I used a muffin top pan to finish it off.)

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...