Friday, October 17, 2014

To My Friends

I am another year older, as of yesterday!!!  I had a fantastic celebration with two friends who happen to be coworkers of mine, as well.  I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did yesterday! I also got a phone call from my bestie in California!  I love her to the moon and back!

As I get older, I am learning to appreciate the people who share my life, including the negative ones, even if it's only a portion of my life.  Amazing how people can come and go and years later, you think, "I wonder what happened to so-and-so?"  What we don't realize is that the people we are sharing our dinner with today are the ones who may be gone tomorrow.

Each day, to me, is a gift from God and he puts people in our path to learn from and to glean from. They become an integral part of our life.  I don't take for granted anyone who comes across my path, for however short of time.  "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly; and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24 (KJV)

Through it all, I hope I have left my mark on others, as well, in a positive way.  I want to be transparent to others and inspire them to be better.  As a Christian, I know that I may be the only example of Jesus they will ever see, so I want to do my best to influence them for the better.

So, to all my friends, far and wide, thank you for being a part of my life.  It may have been a fleeting moment in time, but I'm sure it will last an eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...