Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Cottage Cheese Pie

Recently, my mother-in-law gave me a recipe for "Cottage Cheese Pie."  Her mother gave it to her.  It was the first time I had ever heard of such a pie! Apparently, her family has made it for years and find it great for the palate.  I decided I was going to try it, though I was a bit leery, at first.  Much to my surprise, it was delicious!  If you like a custard-like pie, this recipe is for you.

I used fat-free small curd cottage cheese and gluten-free crust.  The filling was slightly lumpy, but that could have been because I didn't use a blender but mixed by hand.  Consider it a "healthy" choice. Hope you enjoy!



Cottage Cheese Pie
1 (16 oz.) container of cottage heese
3/4 cup of sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top of pie
Mix all of the ingredients together, except cinnamon.  Pour into unbaked deep dish pie shell.  Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
It says to bake at 275 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.  Mine usually takes a little longer to bake (at least 15 -30 minutes longer).  I always put it on a cookie sheet so it does not spill in the oven.  After one hour, make sure that it  is somewhat solid when you move the pie pan.



\
After mixing ingredients, pour into pie shell.
Place in oven at 275 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours.  
May need to cook longer, depending on your oven.  

Take pie out of oven and let cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...