Thursday, March 19, 2015

He'll Answer Prayer On His Time

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12

For many months now, I have been praying for a situation in my life to change.  I knew the Lord would take care of it, but there were times of doubt and fear that would take hold of my thoughts and make me wonder if the answer would ever come.

The word "deferred" in this verse means "delayed" or "postponed."  That means it will be held back indefinitely.  Basically, God will answer on His time, not ours.  However, the next part of that verse tells us that when our desire is fulfilled, or our prayer is answered, it brings life.  There is relief and peace that fills us, a vigor and excitement that comes.

Today, as I was going about my business, working, cleaning the house, taking care of my children, I received a text message from my husband.  He was the messenger of the answer to my prayer.  I literally did a happy dance in my bedroom!

I did not expect this to happen today.  I knew that the Lord would take care of the situation, but what I didn't realize, was that it wouldn't happen the way I had planned.  Isn't that always the case?  Know this, though, that the Lord's timing is always perfect! He never fails to deliver!

The next time you begin to doubt or feel like you are losing faith, remember that "his ways are not our ways, and his thoughts are not our thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8)  He knows exactly what He is doing and the reasons for doing it.  He has a purpose for everything.  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Remember: He will answer your prayer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...