Saturday, April 18, 2015

Swamp Soup

As you may know from an earlier post, my family and I went on vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama. Naturally, while we were there, we ate out...a lot!  One of my favorite dishes I had was "Swamp Soup."  Apparently, it is served where I come from but I had never had it before.  When we got home, I decided to try my own variation. My family loved it!

I am going to share my version and hope you enjoy it, as well.  I estimated the quantity, but it turned out great! You can make your own variation for what you like, even adding meat. Eat up!

Swamp Soup


2 Boxes of low sodium chicken broth
2 Cans of turnip greens (I wanted to use fresh, but my husband bought cans instead.)
1 Pkg. Frozen broccoli
1-2 Jars Northern and/or Navy beans
1/2 Chopped onion
1-2 Cups beef bouillon (You can also swap this out for vegetable bouillon.)
1 Cup water
1 Tsp. Garlic
1 Tsp. Tabasco sauce
Add pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and cook on medium to high heat until vegetables are tender. Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...