Monday, August 17, 2015

He Loves Me...Enough Said

Once again, I have been so busy with working and preparing the kids for school that I have neglected writing any posts.  However, I feel like the Lord has laid something on my heart and I want to share it.

I look at my children and sometimes my heart overflows with love for them. Any good mother can relate to this sentiment.  Our love for our children is unconditional and we would do anything for them.  We nurture them, protect them, kiss them when they are hurt, and try to raise them as compassionate and loving individuals.  For Christians, we want them to walk upright and in the fear of the Lord.  We stand by sometimes as they make mistakes, knowing that the knowledge they will gain having made them is far better than if we would intervene.

I had an epiphany one day about how much God loves me. The way I love my children is the way the Lord loves me, even more.  He loves me unconditionally and never does anything to hurt me.  He nurtures me through his Word, protects me, and comforts me when I am hurt.  He wants me to grow as a Christian and trust him with all my cares.  When I make mistakes, he allows them to help me mature.  He works everything out for my good.

My children don't have to earn my love.  I give it to them freely because I love them.  The same is true for the Lord.  I don't have to earn his love because there is nothing I can do that would ever repay him for what he has done for me.  It's just that simple.

"We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...