Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Easy Baked Potato Soup For Those Cool Fall Days

Today was gorgeous!  Low 70s, sunny, breeze blowing through the open window.  You know what that means?  Fall is here and I'm ready to cook up something!  What better cool weather food than soup?

I recently was scouring my cookbooks for something simple to make and found a recipe from a friend.  I changed a few ingredients and tweaked it a little to fit my family's tastes, but it was still a big hit.  

Easy Baked Potato Soup

12 slices bacon
3/4 c. butter   
3/4 c. flour
6  c. milk 
1 c. heavy whipping cream
4 lg. (or 6 small) baked potatoes, peeled and cubed        
6 green onions, chopped
1 1/4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper                                                                       
                                             
Place bacon in large deep skillet until browned. (I actually cook mine in the microwave on bacon plate.) Drain, crumble, and set aside. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.  Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add in milk, stirring constantly until thickened.  Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil,  stirring frequently.  Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in bacon, cheese, and sour cream, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently until cheese is melted. Serves 6-8.   
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...