Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Coconut Oil...My New Favorite Thing!

I have been doing a lot of research lately on coconut oil.  I've read so many articles on uses and benefits of this natural oil that I decided to start using it for myself.

One of the first things that I've tried is "pulling."  It's the process of swishing coconut oil around in your mouth the first thing in the morning, before you brush, take medicine, eat, etc. It is supposed to make your teeth whiter and get rid of all the toxins.  So, do not swallow after swishing! Use the trash can to spit it out.

I can't honestly say my teeth are whiter, but my kids say my teeth are incredibly white anyway.  Also, I have no idea if it is getting rid of the toxins, but I can tell you my face is clearing up. Though I'm in my forties, I still get hormonal breakouts. (It's not fair, I know.) Speaking of breakouts, that comes to my second use of this oil.

Like I said, as a woman in my forties, I still get breakouts, especially on my neck.  My doctor had prescribed an antibiotic, saying the acne was "bacterial."  I stopped taking it months ago because it stopped working.  I decided to try a method using just coconut oil and skipping my regular cleanser. I rub the coconut oil on my neck and face and put a hot towel over it for a few seconds to open up the pores. I have actually seen the benefits of this.  Though my face is still a little broken out (I've only been doing this for about a week), I have noticed it starting to clear up! My daughter even remarked how much clearer my skin looks.  That made me happy! Also, the moisturizing benefits are astounding!  My skin feels softer. As a side note, coconut oil is also supposed to help with wrinkles.

I am not one to promote something unless it works...and this has worked.  I am becoming more of a "natural" remedy kind of person instead of using antidotes with chemicals.  Besides, one jar of coconut oil is cheaper than medicine and lasts a lot longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...