Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Make The Most Of Bad Situations

Our family decided to take a short trip to Michigan this weekend for the holiday.  It did not start off very well.  When we got to our hotel on Friday, we were exhausted from working all day and then having to drive four hours.  Not that it is uncommon to feel that way.  However, Saturday we got up and drove the rest of the way to our destination.  Unfortunately, my son started running a fever and complaining of his side hurting.  The first thing we thought was that it was a football injury. The second thing we thought was that it was appendicitis.  While I was in Wal-Mart, my husband decided to take him to an Urgent Care Center.  After not being able to diagnose him, we were told to take him to the Emergency Room.  We were there for at least three hours, if not more.  During this time, I asked several people to start praying for my son. They ran a CT scan, blood tests, a urine test, and other "tests."  All came back negative for appendicitis.  There was a little "free flowing fluid" but they said it was nothing to worry about right now.  He was given Morphine and Zofran in his IV, so, needless to say, he slept the whole night at the hotel.

Now, as you can probably guess, I was ready to pack up and call it quits and just take my son home. My husband, being the more optimistic of the two of us, said we should wait it out and enjoy our one good day.  I'm glad I did! My son was 100% better the next day! It was as if he was a totally different person than the sick boy that he was the day before.  I believe that the Lord touched him and healed his body.  A lot of people told me he probably had the flu, but he never had that period where he was weak and recuperating.  It was completely gone by Sunday and we were able to enjoy an amazing day at St. Ignace and Mackinaw City.

Sometimes, life does not go as planned, but you have to make the best of what you are dealt.  Had we gone home when I wanted to, we would not have enjoyed the lovely weather nor the clear blue water of Lake Michigan. We would not have seen the lighthouse at the end of the pier nor found the craft fair going on in the street. We would not have enjoyed some of the best ice cream in that area or found the perfect souvenirs at "that one store." When life tries to deal you lemons, you squeeze those suckers dry and make the best lemonade you possibly can! You will never know how great it is until you do.


 Self-explanatory. 

Museum in St. Ignace. 

Fountain at museum. 

The beautiful water of Lake Michigan. 

The lighthouse we almost missed out on seeing. 

Another view of the lake. 

Some of the best ice cream around sold here. 

View from our hotel room. 


Me and my partner in crime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Season

"Why don't you write in your blog all the time?" was the question asked by my husband.  We were on our way to pick up our daug...